Friday, February 29, 2008

Hey!...Don't You People Have Your Own Hockey Team?

The Montreal Gazette -- perhaps still doing a slow burn over Alex Ovechkin not wanting to play in Montreal -- is out with another stink bomb, this time on the matter of Olaf Kolzig. In yesterday's Gazette, there is a story published by Zachary Ingraham (under the breathless headline, "Huet Deal has Kolzig Steaming"), that Kolzig is displeased with the situation that now exists in Washington:


"What I'm shocked about is that there are three goalies here. That's probably the thing I'm shocked about. We've got a world-class goaltender coming in...I guess I'll talk with my wife about what we want to do next year or the year after..."

Yes, Ingraham writes for Sports Ticker, but I read it in the Gazette...details, details.


Hey, guys?...don't you have your own goaltending drama to watch unfold, "And a Babe Shall lead Them?"


Sometimes, we think The Caps get more coverage in Montreal than they get in DC.


2 comments:

nyalex said...

Correct me if I am wrong but the editor writes or has final approval on article titles. Translation - the editor wrote a lame title.

"We've got 18 games left to try to get into the playoffs and we'll see what happens after that," Kolzig said. "There's things in life and in the game of hockey that are out of your control. It's how you deal with that separates you from other people. I'm just going to continue to do my work. And like I said the other day, if it's not good enough, then there's somebody else here to do it."

Anonymous said...

A little late I know, but I just came across your blog today. I am the person that wrote the article and I can't say I was surprised that the Montreal Gazette picked it up because it did have a lot to do with a goalie they just traded (foolishly). Also, I did not write that headline. It's gone now, but my original headline was on Yahoo! before the Gazette picked it up.

Any questions/comments email me at Zachary.Ingraham@pa-sportsticker.com