Friday, March 12, 2010

Meet the Cousins

Over at CSNWashington.com, Michelle Scalise has a nice interview with Capitals defenseman John Carlson.  It got us to thinking, we have the cousins -- Fearless and Cheerless -- visit us from time to time to get their, uh... unique take on the Caps.  But no one knows much about them.  So we thought we'd borrow a few questions to give folks a glimpse into the lives of the cousins.  It might go something like this...

The Peerless Prognosticator: What was your best hockey memory?

Fearless: “I can remember it as if it was yesterday… it was a bright winter morning, and we tykes were out on the pond playing a rousing game of shinny. I hadn’t played a lot of hockey at that age, but there I was, winding my way along the ice, stick handling here, stick handling there, and just enjoying the moment.”

TPP: Cheerless?

Cheerless: “Watching Fearless fall down a lot.”

TPP: How old were you when you first started playing hockey?

Fearless: "I think I was born with skates on. It’s just a God-given talent. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t skate, but think I might have been three or four when I started playing hockey."

TPP: How about you, Cheerless?

Cheerless: “Oh, not 'til I growed up some. When Fearless was born with skates on, he tore Momma up bad, and she wasn’t going to have any of that no more.”

TPP: If you weren’t playing hockey, what would you be doing?

Fearless:  "I would be studying art in Milan… or maybe architecture in Florence. Definitely something artistic, to give voice to the human experience."

TPP:  And Cheerless?

Cheerless: "Drinkin’ beer."

TPP: OK, guys, steak or sushi?

Fearless: "Sushi... There is nothing that melds sight and taste like expertly prepared sushi."

Cheerless: "Me, too… barbecued."

TPP: What’s your favorite movie?

Fearless: “'The Seven Samurai' – I so love Kirosawa."

Cheerless: “Crime action movies, mostly.”

TPP: You mean like “The Godfather,” or “GoodFellas?”

Cheerless: “No, like ‘Ernest Goes to Jail.’”

TPP: What’s the last song you sang out loud to?

Fearless: "'Recitar!...Vesti la giubba' from Pagliacci"

Cheerless: “Hey, me too!”

TPP: What’s your favorite place to hang out?

Fearless: “I like to spend the day browsing through the art museums on the Mall.”

Cheerless: “Uh, over my belt?”

TPP: You guys are doing pretty well, what with being frequent guests on a famous hockey blog and all... Have you made a big splurge yet?

Fearless: “What blog is that?"

TPPUh, yeah.  Very funny... the question?

Fearless:  "Well, I have to admit a weakness for antique hockey equipment.”

TPP: How about you Cheerless, have you made a big splurge, yet?

Cheerless: “No, but I usually have a big one right after I eat breakfast.”

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hilarious!